Regions in Alberta with Vacation Property Listings
Alberta, located in western Canada is known as "Canada's Rocky Mountain Playground". The landscape and terrain of Alberta lends itself to the outdoor traveler. Popular outdoor activities in Alberta include, hiking, skiing and snowboarding, mountain biking, and camping to name a few. Popular vacation and travel destinations include Calgary, Edmonton, Banff, Canmore, and Jasper. Begin your Alberta vacation property search below.
Alberta Travel and Tourist Information
Alberta is home to two National Parks - Banff and Jasper. Each of these destinations offer year-round activities with plenty to keep vacation renters busy. The two largest cities in Alberta, Calgary and Edmonton, also offer year-round activities. Don't forget to start your property search early if you plan to attend the Calgary Stampede.
Popular Alberta destinations and points of interest:
- Banff National Park of Canada - Home to several ski resorts, and endless year-round outdoor activities
- Jasper National Park of Canada - Jasper is the place to go in Alberta for hiking, camping and enjoying the scenery and wildlife
- Moraine Lake - Located in Banff National Park, Moraine Lake is a glacier feed blue/green coloured lake. Day activities include hiking, canoeing and sightseeing
- Athabasca Glacier - Located between Banff and Jasper, the Athabasca Glacier is a top destination for visitors to Alberta
To help plan your Alberta Vacation, here are some helpful tourism links:
- Alberta Travel Information - Alberta's official travel and tourism site
- Tourism Calgary - Calgary's official travel and tourism site
- Tourism Edmonton - Edmonton's official travel and tourism site
- Tourism Banff - Banff and Lake Louise official destination website
- Tourism Jasper - Jasper's official destination website